Adaab, Namskar, Sat Sri Akal, Xin Chao

Welcome to my blog........

Monday 14 May 2012

Vignettes from Vietnam 5

May 14, 2012

Of pleasing senses....

Food is the first one that pleases the mind and the senses and Vietnam has plenty to pamper your taste buds. A visit to the local market Than My was a delightful journey for the foodie in me. There was an array of green leafy vegetables and other colorful vegetables. The range of fruits mesmerized me completely. Check out my album to see some great natural colors provided by nature. I love trying out various vegetables and fruits and though it is very very difficult to express a flavor in words, I try my best to describe it...with local references...

Here's the link to my Pictures taken at this market...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3172612000453.2125927.1420129448&type=3

Today we had an Avocado salad after the breakfast, followed by a sumptuous lunch with some concoction that I cooked with garlic, mushrooms, tofu and some flowering green leaves and tossed in Soya sauce. Tasted good. Evening was my XXL cup of Lemongrass tea...wait till I post the pic of my cup..you will know why it is called XXL...lol.

The dinner was cooked by the cook and was typically Vietnamese...saute'd vegetable...beans, mushrooms, bitter gourd, tofu, pineapple, bamboo marinated and cooked in Soya sauce...added pumpkin flowers in the end. Also had some Sour sop...the wonder drug for cancer... It has a distinct taste like a sour custard apple.

Had a cup of hot, home made soya milk....and calling it a day..

The pictures tell rest of the story. I wanted to write about the sensual pleasure of the other kind a la...Marine Drive or Bandstand Bandra kind. The scene is pretty cool here and no one cares. Check it out. Good night..... :)

Pardon my mistakes as mostly I am dozing off..........

No comments:

Post a Comment