Adaab, Namskar, Sat Sri Akal, Xin Chao

Welcome to my blog........

Saturday 12 May 2012

Vignettes form Vietnam 3


12 May 2012

Again a late night and got up late. Had oats, cornflakes with raisins and milk for breakfast along with some local mango. Took an appointment for some spa. There are some interesting details…..for the women. You eyebrows can't be threaded but these will be shaped out with a razor…it was scary but very smooth and gentle and painless unlike the threading. Awwwww no waxing too…you really have to search a place where they can. I don't need it for now…thankfully. Epilator gadget is a better idea when traveling to place such as these where most women have godly, 'pre-waxed' smooth as silk bodies. I envy these petite South East Asians.

Some friends dropped over and we all had lunch together. Chicken and rice is a staple thing but for the poor me it was that green stems with lovely buds on ends….'He' thats what they call it here…haven't seen it in India. So it was sautéed vegetables with He'. Relished it….

It rained here in Saigon South. The whiff of the first monsoon shower, when it kisses the earth, is unmistakably similar in any part of the world. I adore this.......Welcome Rain Gods!!!! The weather is so good...

We headed for Spa amidst those drizzles and had some head massage, neck massage and face massage with an elaborate shampooing and head washing. It must have been very good for I was shaken out of deep sleep after one hour 30 minutes. But it was the cost that surprised me. In India the same thing would cost around 12 or 14 dollars. We paid 3 dollars per person… I couldn't get a better deal any where in India, (smile, smile, smile:)..…I will come here more often!

So it was a rejuvenating day….. complete with my XXL cup of green tea with a good lot of lemongrass. I use lemongrass in India too but its not from the root and not so fresh and that makes all the difference.

Evening was at a recently opened mall called Crescent Mall in District 7, close to our place. Kids played games and we checked out the place. Much like Palladium in Mumbai…this place has more International Stores, Italian, American Japanese, Korean…and European. The most interesting and common sight is many girls wearing heels higher than 7 inches or more. (Desperately trying to look taller :) Incidentally, Vietnam makes the best shoes. Check yours, for the label might say "Made in Vietnam". It has happened to me before. My Adidas bought in US was manufactured in Vietnam…(^Chuckle^)

For an early dinner we headed to Dominos on popular demand of kids. Though Pizza is Pizza and same in everywhere at Dominos….the place was strikingly different. It was huge in comparison to those in Mumbai and very clean. And the youngsters patronizing seemed many kilos lighter than their distant cousins in Mumbai. I swear, one generally sees an XXL size among the lot of guys and girls hanging out there, probably surviving only on Junk food. Oh God….junk dumped inside me too. (Guilt :( :(

Took a walk back home..short walk……but it won't and it hasn't undone the guilt. No JUNK again…I grab my cup of lemongrass elixir to detox some bit. Time to hit the sack….

Tomorrow some Sunday Plan with another Vietnamese friend….gotta get up early. Bye…….^!^



No comments:

Post a Comment